Events Throughout Kane County Commemorate 9/11
Kane County Connects Staff 9/8/2022 8:00AM
A number of public events commemorating 9/11 will be held in towns and municipalities throughout Kane County.
Although this is not a complete list, the following is a sampling of some of the events being held:
- City of Elgin- The 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 11 at the Civic Center Plaza in downtown Elgin. The program will feature several speakers and limited seating will be available. In the event of inclement weather the event will be held inside the Hemmens Cultural Center at 45 Symphony Way.
- City of Aurora- A 9/11 ceremony will be held at 8:00 a.m. at the Aurora Police Department located at 1200 N. Indian Trail Rd. The event is coordinated by the Aurora Fire Department and Aurora Police Department Honor Guard members.
- Village of Hampshire- The 2022 Ride to Remember 9/11 will travel through downtown Hampshire at approximately 11:15 a.m. on Sunday, September 11. Residents are encouraged to “line the downtown in remembrance of all those who lost their life on 9/11/01."
- St. Charles Fire Department- The annual 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony will be held at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, September 11 outside the Fire Department Memorial Monument, 2 E. Main Street. The ceremony will include posting of the Fire Department Memorial Flag, posting the memorial wreath and observing a moment of silence.
- Village of Gilberts- A September 11th Remembrance Service Event will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, September 11 at St. Peter Lutheran Church, 18N377 Galligan Rd., Dundee Township.